The video “University of Nottingham women in mathematics”
make me think that how one’s perception and interest can change throughout
life. The experience shared by Ivette Fuentes resonated me with my experience
of life. Like her, I was not good in mathematics until grade 7, but in high
school, I was able to understand the concept and started to dig deeper into the
math world. As a result, playing with number became my passion. The video also
reflects that sometimes life teaches you how to follow the dreams by changing
the direction. I think that there should not be any gender or cultural
restrictions on learning. Anyone can be efficient in any field of education. As
I discussed in-class discussion, some people have myths in India about learning
interest-based on gender. For example, people have a myth that girls are more
capable of accepting mental challenges; on the other hand, boys are more
capable of doing physical work.
Thursday, 22 October 2020
Exit Slip for October 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Symbolic World: Identity Transformation
I create this poster to represent my identity from my childhood. When I was a kid, I was not aware of my identity. But as time passed, my ...
-
Source: http://web.uvic.ca/psyc/bavelas/ I found the article, "Permitting Creativity in Science" by Janet Beavin Bavelas, re...
-
Source: https://www.psd.gov.sg/challenge/ideas/work-better/speak-your-mind-tactfully-and-authentically “Good teachers are intuitively aw...
-
I am grateful that this course provides me with the valuable information that will help me to polish my personality as an educator and a l...
No comments:
Post a Comment