Thursday, 19 November 2020

Exit slip for Inquiry-based project discussion (Nov 19)


 

While finding articles relevant to our project, we came across with so many resources which provides ideas and activities to engage students in the classrooms. During the small group discussion, we were going through the articles which seemed relevant to the Indigenous Perspective in the Canadian curriculum. Still, unfortunately, there were not enough resources for the Canadian context. So, we are still going through the resources to make a relevant connection with the researches and our thoughts. 

           We also discussed the outline for the presentation, in which we will start with the introduction of Indigenous perspectives and how it is related to the math classroom. We will discuss the impact of this on the students, and we are thinking about an interactive activity (weaving using recycled paper) during our presentation to engage all the classmates. I am hoping to ask my older son (grade 7) about his thoughts on incorporating indigenous knowledge into the classroom. Will he able to differentiate the leaning using indigenous perspective and how?

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic World: Identity Transformation

  I create this poster to represent my identity from my childhood. When I was a kid, I was not aware of my identity. But as time passed, my ...