Hello,
I am so excited to be a part of the program. I am hoping that i will learn so many new things as i started today with creating a blog. This is my first time to create a blog and seems so fascinating. I really enjoying the course about inquiry based teaching.
After watching Frank's videos, There are two things that struck in my mind that teachers should "hungry for knowledge" and "kids are crazy hormone monsters". Reflecting on that, I realize that a teacher is not only a teacher. A teacher is a learner too, who can learn from students as well. For example, in a math classroom, students from different cultural background learnt different methods to understand the concept then as a teacher, you can also learn those methods and use those methods in your teaching style.
As he said that "kids are crazy hormone monsters", that quote reminds me my experience with a student during my volunteer experience. There was a grade 8 student who was always curious to know why questions? I remember the class about dividing fractions and the teacher was explaining the steps to them and he asked why we need to multiply the reciprocal and who made these steps etc.
I can imagine that Frank would be very proud when his student came to him and told him that he was his student. I think that was the proud and best moment that a teacher can feel that he was an important person in his student life.
Beautiful!
ReplyDelete