Tuesday, 15 September 2020

Reflection on "On becoming a Reflective teacher."

 

Reflecting on the article "On becoming a Reflective teacher" by Grant and Zeichner, I agree with the theme that a teacher should have three characteristics, such as open-mindedness, responsibility, and wholeheartedness. I believe that a teacher should accept the mistakes or questions from students and commit to teaching all the students. A teacher should be able to alter their teaching style or method according to the student's needs.

The article and my volunteer experience raised a flag to think about the notion of education and schooling. I experienced that the teaching is biased and incorporate with oneself only due to years of exposure and preferences. I used the word experienced because, during my volunteer experience, a teacher was using the same way to teach grade 9 regular math and grade 9E (Essential math class) in which the majority of students were designated. I think teachers should need to consider themselves as learners to examine their practices and improve their performances.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see your commitment to putting students first, and to being responsible and humble as a teacher! This is at the heart of our practices as educators.

    I would like to see a bit more reference to the Grant and Zeichner article though! This post is fine, but in future commentary on readings, do make sure to stick close to what the authors are saying in your response.

    ReplyDelete

Symbolic World: Identity Transformation

  I create this poster to represent my identity from my childhood. When I was a kid, I was not aware of my identity. But as time passed, my ...