Thursday, 17 September 2020

Exit Slip for September 17

 



Today's class was so thoughtful and interactive by discussions during breakout rooms. The discussion on the questions regarding conformity, time to reflect, planning vs. hyper planning, and role model as a teacher elaborate my ideas on Grant and Zeichner's article. I think that a teacher can do a quick reflection every day after each lesson, which will help to alter his/her next lesson. I also learned that the student's curiosity to learn will help the teacher to be reflective. There should be a balance between planning and hyper planning. 

    I agree with Joe Boaler's talk about "math is not a gift." I also believe that every child can be proficient in math during their school year. From my personal high school experience, students should be determined to keep going by learning from their mistakes. By considering her idea of the traditional approach and multi-dimensional learning approach, I believe that it is not a bad idea to use both approaches in one classroom rather than having two different classrooms in each approach. This will develop collaborative learning in the classroom, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic World: Identity Transformation

  I create this poster to represent my identity from my childhood. When I was a kid, I was not aware of my identity. But as time passed, my ...