The webinar is so influential and heart touching. The quote of Dr Kimmer “ Grief is the mirror of our love and healing is the being relationship with the land” struck in my mind. It made me think that somehow I helped my grandparents to overcome their grief of losing their land, culture and belongings at the time of the partition of India and Pakistan. I feel that acknowledgement their ancestor and culture provide some assurance that their kids or grandkids are respecting their culture. Her stories and experiences are so inspirational, which encouraged me to think positively and take risks. I like her thoughts about working together as a whole community rather than blending indigenous cultures into western cultures. This way, you will provide acknowledgement to indigenous cultures and values. She also inspires me to think about the practice of bringing indigenous knowledge into education by collaboration while protecting the indigenous knowledge from knowledge miners.
One thing I noticed about Nancy in the webinar that after opening and closing ceremony, she raised her hands. After the discussion in class, I came to know this is the way of showing respect and expressing the relationship to everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment